Sibelco Australia Limited (Sibelco) undertakes to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in safeguarding the information that you share with us.
This policy applies to all the web pages available at www.straddiefund.com.au (the Website). It explains our practices related to the collection and processing of any personal information (that is, information from which an individual's identity is apparent or can be ascertained) as a result of your use of the Website.
Information that we collect
The Website allows you to contact us by email or using the Contact Us form on this website, or provide information to us as part of a request for funding to support your community project.
By sending such emails, completing such forms or submitting such requests, you will be providing us with certain personal information, which may include:
- your name;
- organisation name;
- email address;
- the name of contact persons in the organisation, their role or position title, email address and phone number; and
- any other details included in the email, form or submission.
Use of personal information
Any personal information that you provide to us as a result of your use of the Website will only be used for the purposes of:
- assessing and responding to your request or enquiry;
- assessing any application for funding or in-kind assistance by your organisation;
- analysing the effectiveness of the website to improve its usefulness and service; and
[We may share personal information with related companies or with contractors performing services for Sibelco that are required by Sibelco to comply with this policy. Such contractors may include, for example, information technology and telecommunications providers or professional advisors (including accountants, auditors and lawyers). Sibelco will only make such disclosures to achieve the purpose for which the information was provided. Otherwise, Sibelco's policy is not to disclose any personal information to any unrelated third party, except with your consent or where we are required by law to do so.]
What we will do
- collect personal information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way;
- take reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access modification or disclosure, however you should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment;
- take reasonable steps to ensure that our record of personal information is accurate, complete and up to date; and
- delete personal information when it is no longer required for managing your query or application.
What we will not do
We will not:
- use your personal information for a purpose other than for which it was collected;
- use or disclose any personal details that you provide to us for the purposes of direct marketing, or any similar activities, without your consent; or
Accessing and updating personal information
If you have a question about this policy or wish to access, change or correct the personal information that we hold about you, you can contact Paul Smith, Sibelco Community Relations Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org [or the individual to whom the information was first provided].
If we refuse to provide you with access to the personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, and we will promptly reflect any changes on the Website .
Collection of general information
We also utilise [cookies and web tracking], which enables us to receive general information about your visit to the website to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the Website. [General information that we receive includes:
- standard information about your computer's operating system and Internet browser, as is usual when a user interacts with a website; and
- general data about your visit to this website, such as your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, top level domain category (eg .com, .au, etc), the path you took to reach the website (eg a search engine or link from another website), the date and time of your visit, the pages that you accessed and your route taken through the site, any searches you perform on the site, and any documents that you download.]